All efforts will be made to make sure that the 2021 Ballarat Cycle Classic will be a COVID Safe event.
The event will be adapted to be a COVID Safe event so you will see a few changes, but we are excited to still deliver what will be the 14th Ballarat Cycle Classic.
We endeavour to work with an ever evolving COVID Safe Operation Plan in line with current government guidelines.
To ensure the comfort and safety of our community, some of the changes are:
- Participants are encouraged to download the CovidSafe app on their personal mobile phone and to carry the phone with them while participating.
- You are encouraged to collect or have posted to your home the event kit and any selected jersey before the event.
- All participants must always carry a mask before, during and after the finish of their event.
- Masks must be worn when interacting with event personnel, volunteers, and First Aid personnel and if social distancing is not possible.
- If you are collecting a last-minute event pack on site, a mask must be worn and social distancing rules apply.
- Road rides will start at spaced times as per distance.
- All events will start in waves with capped participants. Your bib will be colour coded to assist you to find your group at the starting line.
- Participants are asked to socially distance at the start and finish line of events, in the event village area and follow Event Staff instruction always.
- Sanitation stations will be located at the start/finish line and surround park lands on Lake Wendouree.
- Participants must carry enough water out on the course for their event. It is currently not determined if water can be provided on the course.