Wednesday 17th February 2021
COVID-19 VICTORIA STATEWIDE LOCKDOWN EVENT STATEMENT
The Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute and the organising committee of the Ballarat Cycle Classic regrettably announce that the 2021 Ballarat Cycle Classic will be postponed until Sunday 14th March.
We are not alone, with other events across Victoria also announcing postponement.
The event will run as planned on this new date and we look forward to seeing you at the starting line on the shores of beautiful Lake Wendouree.
This decision of course has not been taken lightly. The following factors have contributed to this outcome:
- This week’s circuit breaker lockdown has severely disrupted the final event preparations of our team and suppliers.
- Uncertainty has gravely disrupted fundamental volunteer recruitment and commitment.
- Community nervousness for public events this weekend.
For these reasons, the new date is looked forward to with hope and excitement.
The Ballarat Cycle Classic organising committee take the safety and welfare of our valued participants, supporters, and volunteers very seriously. We continue to work to Government advice and guidelines to ensure community safety.
More than ever, we need your support and understanding. Cancer doesn’t stop, so our research cannot. We know our wonderful supporter community will come together on this new date with gusto.
We thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm for the Ballarat Cycle Classic and its important fundraising for the Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute. Please be reassured that 100% of all registrations and donations are tax deductable and go directly to cancer research.
COVID Safe information.
All efforts will be made to make sure that the 2021 Ballarat Cycle Classic will be a COVID Safe event.
The event will be adapted to be a COVID Safe event so you will see a few changes, but we are excited to still deliver what will be the 14th Ballarat Cycle Classic.
We endeavour to work with an ever evolving COVID Safe Operation Plan in line with current government guidelines.
To ensure the comfort and safety of our community, some of the changes are:
- Participants are encouraged to download the CovidSafe app on their personal mobile phone and to carry the phone with them while participating.
- You are encouraged to collect or have posted to your home the event kit and any selected jersey before the event.
- All participants must always carry a mask before, during and after the finish of their event.
- Masks must be worn when interacting with event personnel, volunteers, and First Aid personnel and if social distancing is not possible.
- If you are collecting a last-minute event pack on site, a mask must be worn and social distancing rules apply.
- Road rides will start at spaced times as per distance.
- All events will start in waves with capped participants. Your bib will be colour coded to assist you to find your group at the starting line.
- Participants are asked to socially distance at the start and finish line of events, in the event village area and follow Event Staff instruction always.
- Sanitation stations will be located at the start/finish line and surround park lands on Lake Wendouree.