A condition of on registrations is acceptance to the below terms and conditions.
When entering the Ballarat Cycle Classic 2021, you accept the following:
- Participants can undertake the Cycle Classic 2021 (the Event) on Sunday 14 March 2021.
- Participants must always obey road rules and the instructions issued by event management while participating in the Event.
- The event is supported by event management, staff and volunteers between 7:00am and 2:00pm.
- The participant must read and accept the terms and conditions of the Cycle Classic and sign this Waiver.
- During the Event, all participants must:
Act in line with current COVID-19 Federal and State Government restrictions, including but not limited to, social distancing and hand sanitation.
- Wear and carry a face mask at appropriate times. Including at Marshalling start line, rest stops and on completion of event.
- Follow all COVID-19 signage and instruction by Event Organisers and appointed Volunteers.
- Obey all road rules at all times.
- Ride safely and in control.
- Look out for hazards and point out hazards to nearby participants.
- Obey the instructions of Event marshals and traffic controllers.
- Keep to the left of the road at all times, particularly when no lines exist.
- Wear an Australian Standard approved bicycle helmet when cycling.
- Ensure that their bicycle has working lights attached to front and rear for distance rides.
- Ride no more than two abreast unless overtaking.
- Obey traffic signals (including lights, give way signs and stop signs).
- Not use mobile phones or headphones etc while riding.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions of the Ballarat Cycle Classic.
REFUND AND EVENT CANCELLATION
Your registration fee is a 100% non-refundable, tax deductable donation. If you are unable to participate in the event, rest assured that you are supporting cancer research!
I. I understand the demanding physical nature of the event and have read the Rules set out above. I understand that the course is set on public roads that may includes small rocks, uneven surfaces, tripping hazards and other potentially hazardous elements. I have trained for this event (or have trained for similar types of endurance events in general) and I am not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will be detrimental to my health if I participate in this event. In the event that I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured prior to the event, I will withdraw from the event.
II. I acknowledge that this event is hosted and conducted by the Fiona Elsey Research Institute (FECRI). I understand that participating in this event may involve a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including; over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
III. I acknowledge that it is a condition of participating in this event that I do so at my own risk. I accept all risks and release the event organiser FECRI, its agents, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, promoters, volunteers, and any person or body, directly or indirectly associated with the event, from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of or connected with my participation on this event and I indemnify them against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release continues forever and binds my heirs, successors, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
IV. I consent to FECRI and its authorised agents using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in the Cycle Classic, at any time, to promote the Cycle Classic or FECRI by any form of media. I understand and agree that FECRI collects information from all participants for the administration and conduct of this event.
V. In consideration of FECRI permitting me to enter and participate in the Cycle Classic, and as a condition of such entry, I release FECRI, its servants and agents from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any act/s or omission whether negligent or otherwise of FECRI, its servants or agents in relation to the event.
VII. I acknowledge that the registration fee is a 100% non-refundable, tax deductible donation and I release FECRI, its servants and agents from any and all claims I might have if the event is cancelled for reasons outside its control, including; government health restrictions, extreme weather events, natural disasters, pandemics, emergency warnings and total fire bans.
IX. I lastly acknowledge that FECRI accepts no responsibility for damage caused because of entering online.
I confirm that the information supplied by me to FECRI is correct, I agree to abide by the Rules and understand and declare that I have read and understand the terms of this Waiver.